The De Forville family emigrated to Piedmont from Belgium in 1848 and established themselves in the village of Barbaresco in 1860. Here, the family was instantly engaged in growing the nebbiolo grape. In the early part of this century, the De Forvilles sold their wine in bulk directly to restaurants and to retailers who then bottled the wine. In 1940 they bottled their first wine and now virtually their entire production is bottled at the estate.
View All Products